How to start creating your business marketing strategy
If you run a business and you are about the start advertising or promoting your business in any way you should have created a marketing strategy. This document will help you to ensure that all of your marketing activity will produce the results you are hoping to achieve.
So, what should go in it?
Answering the following 32 questions will help you to create an effective document to use as a base for your business marketing strategy.
- Have you outlined core values and principles for your business?
- Who are your target market?
- What does your ideal customer look like?
- What age group are you targeting?
- Are you aiming for specific geographic locations?
- Have you identified some key words and phrases that others use to find your business?
- How will you ensure continuity across the business promotions?
- Is your website up to date?
- Are you adding regular blog pots to your website?
- Have you registered your website with some of the main business directories?
- Do you have active social media profiles?
- Will you find your target market are active on the same social media platforms as you?
- What problems are you solving for your customers?
- Who are you competitors?
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- At which price point do you fit into the market place?
- How will your potential customers become aware of your business?
- What methods will I use to market by business?
- How many leads/new customers do I need?
- How will you build trust in the market place?
- Are you going to have any special offers?
- Are these time or number limited?
- Have you identified quiet/busy periods of the year?
- Are you looking to build a database? If so, what methods will you use?
- Have you considered working in partnership with other organisations?
- Who will be responsible for which aspects of the marketing strategy?
- Have you created a content calendar for the next 6-12 months?
- How much evergreen content will you be using?
- Is your content time sensitive?
- Do you have all of the resources that you need?
- How will you measure success?
- Do you have a start date for your marketing activity?
This list will help to get you started and identify who you are marketing your business. Once that is completed, you need to investigate the best ways to reach your target audience.
If you find you are still struggling to create a comprehensive document, get in touch with us on 01925 963162 and find out how we can help you to create the perfect marketing strategy for your business.