This is the first in a series of articles that we will post over the coming months. We have talked to some of our customers and asked them ‘What it is like working with the team at Mood?’ and how they have helped their business.
Name: John McKenzie
Company: John McKenzie Hypnotherapist
Contact details: 07713 564245
Web address: www.johnmckenziehypnotherapist.co.uk
What is the main focus of your business?
The main focus of my business is business to consumer, offering psychotherapy and hypnotherapy to individuals. It’s a crowded marketplace, with people with complex needs and where the timing of the message can be crucial. Those are all areas where Mood’s expertise has been invaluable.
How did you hear about Mood?
I first came across Mood when I started networking. I hadn’t been self-employed very long and I found marketing and social media hard to get to grips with, and difficult to make time for. I was amazed at how generous Sharon was with her advice and support. As soon as I was in a financial position to I started to use Mood for design and marketing, and I haven’t looked back since.
What projects have Mood worked on for you?
Mood have completely overhauled my brand identity. The logo that they designed for me has subtle elements that are repeated in my marketing. This gives everything a feeling of unity and coherence, but without being obvious or inflexible.
They also designed a leaflet that really captures not only what I do, but how I approach my work. It’s a complete step change from the A4 bi-fold leaflets used by my competitors. It means that I stand out from the competition before the comparison has even begun. This has continued with the infographics that they’ve developed for me which really support and sell the knowledge and advice they contain.
What is your experience of working with Mood?
I love working with Mood. They’re genuinely interested in my business, and in understanding it in order to support it. They’re warm, funny and really creative but pragmatic too. They always meet deadlines, and work really well with other agencies and suppliers.
How have Mood helped you to grow your business?
- I’ve seen my blogging attracting more traffic to my website, and increasing enquiries following Mood’s advice
- I’ve seen enquiries and business increase from professional registers following Mood’s advice about my profile
- I’ve seen my LinkedIn contacts become a resource that refer work to me, again following Mood’s advice about my profile
- I’ve had enquiries and business through Facebook posts and tweets that they’ve placed for me
- I’ve been approached to speak on the radio as a result of my social media profile
- I’ve been approached by therapy centres and asked to offer clinics there as a result of my social media profile
- The increase in business and revenue attributable to Mood’s advice and services has outstripped the cost from the very first month.