Most businesses focus on promoting their own goods and services during the month of December, so how can you make yours stand out?
Below we have some great ideas on what you can do to make others think of you time and time again during this busy period.
- Advent calendar – a great way of reminding your customers about your business for 24 days of the month. You could have a giveaway each day, but remember that whatever you give away should be related to your business. Branded goods are OK but not memorable, try and think outside the box.
- The 12 days of Christmas – 12 amazing opportunities for you to share your knowledge. You don’t always have to give away something with a monetary value, knowledge is often worth more. What would help your customers during this busy period and will continue to help them into the New Year?
- Top Tips – these don’t have to take up too much of your time but can potentially help others save theirs. At this time of year time is precious to everyone.
- Make your messages stand out. Create a graphic to use with your message and have this consistent over all your messages if you are delivering more than one. This promotes recognition of your brand as well making a much bigger impact as 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- How to guides and videos – an incredible way to get people engaged with your brand. Last year we showed people how to make a desk Christmas tree out of an old catalogue by folding the pages in a particular way. Related to our business in the fact it was creative, but useful to everyone. It got lots of comments and feedback.
- Special offers – ideal for shifting excessive stock or for ensuring your services are in demand in January. January can be a slow month for many businesses and offer a discount for products or services with a limited life until the end of January can ensure you are busy all year round.
- Using images – there are many different types of images available, this can be as basic as text on a coloured background with a boarder, graphs and charts, quotes, a stock photograph, an illustration, a call to action, videos, infographics and special offers. All will make your information stand out? 40% of people respond better to visual information!
- Tell people what you would like them to do – using a call to action can increase responses dramatically. On the whole, people are lazy and want things to be simple for them. How can people redeem your offer? Who should they call, make sure that number is clearly visible, if they need to search for information you could well miss out of that sale.
- Host an event – invite your clients, your suppliers and some potential clients. This way your existing clients can do the selling on your behalf, telling others how great your services have been. Get in some festive nibbles and refreshments, you could even hold a charity raffle.
- Send a festive message – this can be by card, email, post or in person. This is also a great time to let your clients know when you holiday opening hours will be and when the office will be closed.
- An annual review – this can be an overall review of what your business have achieved over the last 12 months but also a great opportunity to predict trends for the coming year. A brilliant way to get everyone talking about your products or services, and how they have helped their business grow over the last 12 months.
- Plan for the following year, even if your plan is very basic. We recommend that you have a 52 week plan of your marketing activity. It makes it much easier to ensure you stick to the plan. Things can happen in monthly cycles, such a blog post or monthly email newsletter, you might want to interview a supplier or customer on a monthly basis or offer your top tip each month. Before long you will have a basic plan that can be expanded on as the year progresses.
Don’t forget that if you are not confident and would like some help with any of these ideas, we are always here to help, give us a call on 01925 963162.